Sunday 20 February 2011

James and the Giant Peach: My final design for book cover

Here is my final design for the Puffin competition.





















All of the elements are hand cut using a scalpel. I considered type, I wanted it to look hand generated and playful because it's a children's story. I wanted to create a whimsical feel to my design, which I feel I have achieved. 

If i could change my design I would focus on the skyline, but as this is a photograph I obviously cannot change this in Photoshop and so it would mean me having to set up and photograph the whole front cover again! I am working on a new project now and unfortunately I don't have the time!! It was my first time experimenting properly with photography and I have learnt a lot, which I can take with me when doing future projects.

I will be entering the Puffin competition after seeking advice about the computer generated text on the back of the cover, as this is not my strong point!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment