Tuesday 18 October 2011

Su Blackwell

An artist I have admired for a long time is Su Blackwell, an artist and art director who works predominantly with paper. Her art works are amazing! Many of them are book sculptures, they are really delicate and whimsical.













I have often wondered if there is a market for handmade art as I work in this way myself, and it is very comforting to see that Su Blackwell has been commissioned for many projects. Here are some below:























Amongst her book sculptures and other paper cuttings, Su Blackwell has also designed installations for prestigious shops such as Harvey Nichols in London.












It is my dream to do this!!


Clearly, Su Blackwell's works are exquisite and I can only aspire to be as good as her!





No comments:

Post a Comment