Tuesday 6 September 2011

Gawsworth Hall Craft Fair

I recently visited Gawsworth Hall to browse the craft fair, it was good fun! We took part in some archery and done a spot of wine tasting!!! 

There was one particular stall that I loved, it caught my eye and I just wanted to buy everything!! The lady was selling hand made cups, plates, bowls and other cute little pieces that she had made. Her name is Karin Findell.




















Too cute!
I really want to experiment with pottery myself, I've been interested for a long time now..watch this space!!



The outside of Gawsworth Hall is beautiful, the pink and red roses in the small pretty garden reminded me of 'Alice in Wonderland'. I appreciated looking at the outside of the house with it's tudor beams, and little details on the doors and windows. I peeked in the back window and I just couldn't help myself, I had to go in!








Inside was many beautiful rooms, so luxurious, so much detail. I stood looking at the huge chandelier in the hallway just amazed! The rooms were so pretty with delicate fabrics and ornate furniture. One room had a dressing table displayed with antique hair brushes and hand-held mirrors. It was lovely, I was in my element! 
I did take pictures, however the lady told me I was not allowed as they had to protect the fabric designs so unfortunately I can not display on here, but I think you need to go there to really appreciate it anyway.










No comments:

Post a Comment