Sunday 1 April 2012

Visit to You & Your Wedding Magazine


I was so excited to get a little time slot with You & Your Wedding! I approached them as I felt my work was appropriate and they may appreciate the delicacy and intricacy of it. My creations are quite feminine and I love to add a touch of sparkle, it's what every woman needs! 

I saw Kate Hornby (Art Director) and spent about 15 minutes showing her my work and talking about how it could fit in with their magazine. Kate was lovely and gave me such positive feedback, it really was very reassuring. I always take a box along to my portfolio visits in which I keep my hand cut pieces, it nice to show potential clients something tactile and also so they can see the detail close up, like my tiny stitched on beads. Kate was particularly interested in my teapot and tea cups and said that it could fit in really well as there seems to be a trend for antique/shabby chic tea sets for weddings at the moment. I was delighted that Kate liked my work and said that she would be in touch with me as they have their June/July issue approaching! It would be absolutely amazing to work with them, I shall keep my fingers (and toes) crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment