Sunday 1 April 2012

Visit with Tatler Magazine



Just at the back of Oxford Street I went to meet Lee Pears at Tatler. I spent a short time with Lee discussing my work and the potential it could have for the magazine. Lee suggested my three dimensional sets could work well for a jewellery shoot and that he could imagine the jewellery being hung and drapped over my cut outs. If this were to happen a professional photographer would take the shots which is a huge relief! Lee was very nice and positive towards me and asked me to forward my PDF Portfolio so he can show the other Art Director.

 Lee suggested contacting Bride magazine and said that my intricate cut outs could look nice as wedding dresses, he said it would be good if I made an image appropriate for their magazine before contacting them, this way they could see how they could use me. Lee also suggested I take a look in Libery, a shop close to where I had the appointment, he suggested my work could suit greetings cards but the more up market ones. I went and had a look and there really was some beautiful cards and wrapping papers in there. I will bare in mind the avenues that have been suggested to me and research these, and then the next stage is to arrange more meetings with relevant contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment