Thursday 15 December 2011

Website Research

The next thing I need to do is set up a website so people know I am here! I have been a little put off as me and technology are not the best of friends, but I am advised that there are simple ways of creating your own website. 

In the meantime I have been researching other illustrators/designers websites and deciding how I would like mine to look and function. I obviously want it to be easy to use and quite simple so my work can be the main focus.

I discovered an artist called Laura Heit who does some lovely work involving experimental animation and puppet films, and I really like her website. It is easy to use, and it's fun as she has incorporated some animation into it. It has a really friendly feel to it which makes it user friendly. I like how you are able to see thumbnails of her work before having to click and scroll through. There are clear headings separating illustration, puppetry and animation which is great and makes it easy to locate what you are looking for. 






Another website I like is Kate Slater's. It's clear and easy to navigate around. Kate has headings for her blog, facebook, twitter, shop, info and contact. Each piece of her work is displayed on the homepage and can be viewed by simply clicking onto it. I would like my website to be very similar to this. 





I think I will most probably have headings such as portfolio, about, contact, blog, and when I set up a facebook profile that is specifically for professional use, I will have that on there too. I would like my homepage to represent me so I will create something new for the design, something appealing to grab interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment